If you missed you package delivery do no worry it will be redelivery as per the Ireland postal services that is an post.
To arrange your redelivery online, make sure to include the following:
- The item details from your “Sorry we missed you” notice
- The original address
- The address you would like us to redeliver to, including alternative addresses such as a work address or a neighbour’s house
You will receive a confirmation email once you have completed the online application process.
We will then aim to deliver your item to your chosen redelivery address as quickly as possible, free of charge.
You should note that:
- Your item cannot be redelivered to a Parcel Locker
- The redelivery service does not include proof of delivery or any tracking facility
- You may apply for redelivery only once in respect of each postal item
- If an item cannot be redelivered to the specified address it will, where possible, be returned to the sender
- The online redelivery service is available for certain periods of time after the first attempted delivery, depending on the item
For further information about this service, please contact Customer Services on 353 (1) 7057600.
An post missed delivery
An Post is the national postal service of Ireland. If you missed a delivery from An Post, you have a number of options available to you:
- You can collect your item by bringing your ‘sorry we missed you notice’ (also called a Docket In Box or DIB notice) and personal identification, such as a driver’s licence, to your local Delivery Service Unit.
- You can nominate an agent to collect the item on your behalf. You (the addressee) must sign the ‘sorry we missed you’ notice and the agent must have this and their own identification in order to collect the item.
- You can arrange redelivery of the item online to the same or an alternative address. Redeliveries can take approximately 3 to 5 working days to be delivered14.
An Post holds missed deliveries for the following periods:
- 5 working days for Standard Post and Express Post.
- 3 working days for registered post.
- 16 working days if it is received from abroad.
After that, they will try to return the item to the person who sent it, if there’s a legible address on the outside